Monday, January 3, 2011

Byron's Club Blog

            Byron's Club is a parallel blog to our own blog that was created by a lovely group of students Athena Proctor, Austin Bell, Bailey Copeland, and Alejandra Garcia. The theme of the blog is Lord Byron, just like our own. What I like about their blog is the formatting. Their background fits in with the theme and with the place where Lord Byron grew up. The colors that are used on the blog are: light green, light blue, white, gray, and orange. The use of numerous colors makes the blog stand out and attract attention. The other visible characteristics I like about the blog are that at the bottom of the page the group has combined three images, Lord Byron, London, and Scotland. The images are totally appropriate to the theme of the blog because Lord Byron is the main subject, who was born in Scotland and then lived in London.
            Now, as for the content I found a lot of valuable information that was interesting. The facts about Lord Byron’s life totally had my attention. The poem Don Juan by Lord Byron is really one of his greatest works if not the greatest. The posting, “Byron’s Masterpiece- Don Juan”, by Bailey Copeland really pulled my attention because of the big sized font. I wanted to write something about Don Juan in my blog but I couldn’t really think of what format I should write it in. The other thing that really pulled my attention is the drawing of Lord Byron by Lydia Burris. It can mean a lot of different things for people who look at it but my interpretation of the drawing is that Lord Byron is the root of the Romantic Movement or at least one of the main characters. The other interpretation that kind of makes sense to me is Lord Byron’s thoughts were strong as the roots of the tree that hold the whole tree.
            This blog is great for someone who doesn’t know anything about Lord Byron and his works because the blog includes Byron’s biography and a lot of details that are needed to shape the opinion of a reader on what the author’s message was and what the author was as a person. Great blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment